A List Of Interesting Term Paper Topics On Project Management
Project management is an important part of businesses. A project manager takes the lead in the development and design of new products for a company, often directing technical personnel like engineers and designers to coordinate team efforts to reach project goals. Project management involves several steps and goals:
- Initiation, in which the project manager’s team determines the scope, nature, and goals of a project. This includes the cost, time needed, and other relevant factors.
- Planning and design, wherein the details of the project’s execution are determined.
- Execution of the actual project, in which the project manager works closely with team members to ensure that tasks are completed in time.
- Monitoring and controlling. This involves observing the execution of the project, making sure that problems are addressed if they arise. This also includes ongoing processes after a product launches, like software updates.
- Closing, the formal end of a project.
Project management is a highly versatile field, and is worth taking some classes in if you’re a business major. As with any higher-level class, you’ll probably have to write at least one term paper. Sometimes it can be challenging to come up with a suitable term paper topic, especially if project management isn’t your primary area of interest. If you’re struggling to figure out what to write about, here are a few project management term paper ideas to get you started:
- Project management in multicultural settings. What kinds of problems can arise when people from different cultural backgrounds work together on a team project, and how can project managers address and mitigate these problems?
- Decision making processes in inter-agency projects. When multiple agencies or companies are working together on a project, unique challenges and opportunities can arise.
- Contrasting traditional project management approaches with more recent innovations in methodology, like process based management and agile project management.
- Using different agile project management methodologies for intangible products like software, versus physical products like hardware or automobiles.
- Project Management Issues in Construction. What are some of the unique challenges that project managers face when overseeing the construction of new buildings?
- Workplace Culture and Project Management. How does a company’s unique workplace culture affect its project management methods and processes?
- Project management software systems in modern businesses. Project management software (PMS) is a computer software tool that helps with project planning, coordination, and execution.
- Comparing domestic and global project management. How are the challenges faced by project managers different in domestic projects, versus global projects?
- Agile project management methodologies for software development. How are different agile project management systems used for the unique issues surrounding the development and release of new software?