Lots of hot topics may be covered in your research paper on business law. Choose an interesting area for your research, raise a burning issue, narrow it down, and look for the real examples to support your argument. Let the following interesting topic ideas inspire you:
- Duress and undue influence when signing a contract.
When duress is considered to be a sufficient reason for the breach of a contract? Base your research paper on the real legal case of your choice. Look for unprecedented cases in contract law and share your view on the problem.
- Keeping new business running: effective methods.
Why do most of new businesses fail? What can a starting entrepreneur do to preserve a budding company? Look for the examples of failure and success, and offer your solutions.
- Paternity leave for a father: is it acceptable?
Men and women should be treated the same way by their employers. Should fathers be allowed to take paternity leaves as well?
- Exclusion from anti-trust laws: can it be for good?
Base your research paper on real examples.
- Smoking employees: should any penalties be incurred?
Employers should care for their workers’ health, but is it fair to apply such penalties to smokers?
- Avoidance of sexual harassment lawsuits within the company.
How can the level of these suits be decreased? What can employer do to maintain sound interpersonal relationships among the workers?
- Accidents on the work place: methods of treatment.
In your research paper, explore how different businesses handle such situations. Are these methods always legal?
- Affirmative action programs.
Compare at least two affirmative action plans. Look for the strengths and weaknesses in them. Make your suggestions.
- Trade secrets: when should the level of confidentiality be lowered?
Sometimes, companies deliberately keep bad things back from their customers. Is it legal?
- Trademark infringement: what are the defenses to this offense?
When can the unauthorized use of a trademark be justified? Look for the examples.
- Litigation procedures: how do they affect the business?
Can litigation be somehow avoided?
- Corruption in business law: can judge’s services be bought only in developing countries?
Research the issue in your paper. Look for the supporting information in foreign sources.
- The influence of piracy on the business profitability.
How do pirate websites make legal enterprises fail?
- Tort reform: positive and negative suggestions.
Explore the current tort law. Look for the weak places.
- Bankruptcy fraud: methods of identification.
Research the existing methods of detecting the fraud. Are they effective?